COVID-19: We are operating as normal to ensure you remain compliant and legal with immigration requirements. Our opening hours are Monday-Friday 9:30am-6pm and Saturday 10am-2pm. Call us on 0161 224 4224
Tier 4 General Student Visas 2020-09-25T11:36:18+00:00

Tier 4 General Student Visa

The process of applying for Tier 4 General Student Visas requires a large amount of paperwork and strict deadlines but having an experienced immigration lawyer to help can ensure you can easily secure a Tier 4 General Student Visa in the UK.

Students who are 16 or over can apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student Visa. To qualify for this immigration route, you must have the following:

  • A conditional offer on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor university or school. The course requirements are as follows:
    • full-time courses that lead to at least a Level 6 qualification on the Ofqual register
    • part-time courses that lead to at least Level 7 on the Ofqual register
    • a foreign course of degree level study that is equal to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
    • full-time courses with at least 15 hours per week of organised daytime study that leads to a qualification which is at least Level 3 on the Ofqual register
    • a recognised foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist
  • A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number from the educational instituation
  • A certain level of ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language. You may need to pass an English language test
  • A certain amount of money to support you, cover expenses, and pay for your studies- this is referred to as ‘maintenance’

Successful applicants can enter into the UK one month before your course begins. The length of the visa depends on the type of course you will be studying.

Can I work in the UK under a Tier 4 Student Visa?

Students studying at degree level or above are permitted to work up to 20 hours per week during term time, and full-time during school holidays.

Can I bring my partner or children with me under a Tier 4 General Student Visa?

It is possible to bring dependents or a partner with you under a UK Student Visa. We can advise on whether you are eligible to bring dependents and what additional fees and paperwork are required in order to apply for bringing a dependent under this immigration route.

Why choose MLC Immigration Solicitors:

MLC Immigration Lawyers have vast experience in helping individuals apply for and extend their Tier 4 General Student Visas. Our 200+ positive Google reviews demonstrate our expertise and personal touch when it comes to supporting your immigration journey into the UK.

Contact us to arrange a free initial assessment to find out if you’re eligible for a Tier 4 General Student Visa in the UK and to learn how we can support you.