COVID-19: We are operating as normal to ensure you remain compliant and legal with immigration requirements. Our opening hours are Monday-Friday 9:30am-6pm and Saturday 10am-2pm. Call us on 0161 224 4224
Partner, Spouse and Family 2020-10-29T12:59:38+00:00

Our experienced lawyers and caseworkers can assist you with your Personal Immigration matters. If you’d like to have an initial consultation, Contact Us today and we’ll do our best to help you.

Partners, Spouse and Family

To apply as a partner, you and your partner both need to be 18 or over.  

Your partner must also either: 

    • be a British citizen 
    • have settled in the UK (they have ‘indefinite leave to remain’ or proof of permanent residence) 
    • have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK 
  • You and your partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK after you apply. 

There is a requirement to provide proof of your civil partnership or marriage that is recognised in the UK, you have been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when applying and you are a fiancé/e or partner and will marry or enter a civil partnership within in 6 months of arriving in the UK 

There are also other requirements which must be met in order to apply, you must have a good knowledge of English and are able financially support yourself and your dependants.  

There are other options which enable you to apply or extend your permission to stay, should you not meet the requirements mentioned above if:  

    • you have a child in the UK who is a British citizen or has lived in the UK for 7 years and it would be unreasonable for them to leave the UK 
  • living together as a couple outside the UK would cause you difficulties that could not be overcome 
  • it would breach your human rights to stop you coming to the UK or make you leave 

You must prove that: 

    • any previous marriages or civil partnerships have ended 
    • you plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of arriving in the UK 
  • You won’t be able to work during your engagement. 

 You will be granted permission to stay for 2.5 years, or if you’re applying as a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner a 6 months permission will be approved.

There are different routes for applying for UK Spouse Visas, including:

This is our specialist area and we can advise on the most appropriate type of visa based on your circumstances.   

Fast Track Services

If you need to make an urgent application, we can help. Our Fast Track Service ensures your application becomes a high priority for our team of immigration experts. We work hard to make sure your application is prepared and submitted on time and to the highest standard.