Overseas Representative of Business (Sole Representative visa)
The Overseas Representative of Business, otherwise known as the Sole Representative Visa, allows business individuals or foreign investors to establish an overseas company or brand of an existing company in the UK.
There are many qualifications and terms that you will need to meet in order to qualify for a Sole Representative Visa, but working with an experienced UK immigration lawyer can ensure a successful application and significantly simplify the complicated process of applying for the Sole Representative visa.
Although the application process is complicated, there are benefits of securing a Sole Representative Visa: it does not fall under the UK’s points-based system, it is available to businesses of all sizes and once you are granted the visa, you’ll have the opportunity to build your UK business. Under this visa, you are permitted to employ other people or even apply for a Tier 2 sponsor licence to take on more overseas staff. Successful applicants are granted three years’ stay with the opportunity to extend to five years and then can even apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
What are the requirements for people applying for a Sole Representative Visa?
- The applicant must be a senior employee of an overseas business that has no existing branch or subsidiary in the UK, and only one Sole Representative visa is permitted per company
- The business must have a headquarters and principal place of business overseas, and you must have been recruited to the business from outside of the UK
- You need to have full authority to take operational decisions on behalf of the business
- The business or UK subsidiary you establish must undertake the same type of work as the overseas business
- You cannot be a majority shareholder in the company and only own shares up to 50%
- The applicant must be a full-time employee and must prove that they can maintain and accommodate themselves and their dependents without recourse to public funds
- Proof of sufficient English language ability, CEFR level A1
Why choose MLC Immigrations Lawyer for help applying for a Sole Representative Visa?
The British Immigration System is complex, and applicants must adhere to strict rules in terms of documentation, timing, and regulations. MLC Immigration Lawyers have been working on behalf of applicants for many types of UK Work Visas and we specialise in successfully securing Overseas Representative of Business visas quickly and without error.
MLC Immigration Lawyers have a reputation for providing clear, professional advice and support for UK Visas, with over 200 positive reviews on Google. Contact us today to speak to our friendly, supportive team and begin the process of applying for a Sole Representative Visa or extending your current UK Visa.